Essilor commits to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Act on Information Technology, Data Files and Civil Liberties when collecting and processing data from the www.pointsdevue.com website.
Each form aims at restricting the collection of personal data to what is relevant and necessary (data minimization) including:
- The purpose of data collection.
- The type of data (mandatory of optional) for the processing of the request.
Data collected on www.pointsdevue.com is processed using a security protocol.
For more information on how to exercise your rights on the processing of personal data, you can contact the data protection officer by filling out this form.
Cookies are small text files or pieces of data that track data about users, such as their browsing activity. They are controlled by your browser, and sometimes have a unique and random number identifier. You have the possibility to read, destroy, or modify them.
Cookies can be disabled using these two methods:
- By using your Internet browser: you can see the cookies already installed on your computer and delete them one by one by type of cookie as indicated in the banner, or all at once.
- Apple Safari Browser: Click on the « Preferences » menu, “Privacy” section, then remove all menu, “Privacy” section, then remove all Cookies and site data.
- « Privacy » menu, “Privacy” section, then remove all tab in the menu then Remove stored cookies and data.
- Google Chrome Browser: Click Settings, on the Privacy section, then Content Settings and finally all Cookies and site data.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer browser : Click on the “Tools” menu, “Internet oprions”, “General”, “Browsing History”, “Settings”. In the Temporary Internet Files and History Settings dialog box, click View files.
- Mozilla Firefox Browser: Click on the “Tools” menu, “Options” section, “PrivacyPrivacy & Security panel”, Delete specific cookies.
- You can adjust the settings of your Internet browser to block, or receive a notification for the installation of cookies. Each browser has a specific procedure, but you can still follow the instructions laid out in the “Help” menu. You can adjust the settings of each terminal separately before having access to the website.
COOKIES INSTALLED ON THE WWW.POINTSDEVUE.COM WEBSITE.
[….the list of cookies and their purpose].
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES WITH THE CNIL:
- Everything about cookies : https://www.cnil.fr/fr/site-web-cookies-et-autres-traceurs
- Several steps to limit your traces on the web: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/cookies-les-outils-pourles-maitriser
Visualization tool used to identify information-sharing cookies in real time: